Sunday, August 30, 2009

Customizing

I have never been one to be artsy since I can hardly draw a straight line with a ruler, but I have seem to surprise myself when it comes to painting/detailing structures and train cars.

The above Pennsylvanian Work caboose has been one of my favorite cabooses, but since I have a lot of Erie Lackawanna rolling stock and locomotives, I decided to paint and decal this under the Erie Lackawanna roadname.
This is what is looks after a paint job and some decals. The 250-ton crane with the work caboose was undecorated to begin with. I have had this for a very long time, and did not want to take it apart, in fear of not being able to re-assemble it, to paint it. So I added some decals to make it part of the Erie Lackawanna fleet.

Passenger trains have always been a favorite thing of mine, but finding Erie Lackwanna passenger cars posed a few problems: 1.) They were hard to find; 2.) They were too long to make my turn radius or 3.) They were way to expensive. So my solution...purchase some undecorated cars and paint them myself.
They aren't perfect, but I am pleased with the way they turned out. I am just missing the correct type of lettering order to put the Erie Lackwanna roadname on each car, but the paint scheme alone shouts Erie Lackawanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment